Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Best Par Threes...

Just flipping through the TV channels I stumbled upon the Golf Channel’s top ten par threes, listed below from top to bottom. I think I agree with most of them, except for the 16th at Scottsdale and the 17th at Warwick Hills. Both of these holes are significant because of the crowd reaction there, which essentially means they are great holes four days out of the year. Not that they are terrible golf holes, they are still pretty good, I don’t think that crowd ambiance should get those holes on this elusive list.

1. 12th at Augusta
2. 17th at Sawgrass
3. 7th at Pebble
4. 15th & 16th at Cypress Point
5. 16th at TPC Scottsdale
6. 17th at Pebble
7. 16th at Augusta National
8. 17th at Warwick Hills
9. 18th at Eastlake
10. 8th at Royal Troon

It is interesting that both Pebble and August land two holes each, as amazing as those courses are, I would hazard a guess that there are two holes better than the 16th at Augusta and the 17th at Pebble.

I think that if I could pick just one of those to play, it would probably be the pair at Cypress Point. Those holes are on the best piece of real estate in the world, and guaranteed to provide a lifetime of memories in probably ten shots or less.

Best par three that I have ever played would have to be the 14th at Cog Hill. When I played, the back tees were closed due to the fact the tour would be there in a couple weeks, so we played it at 194 yards into a heavily bunkered green. See picture above for an idea of what is in store at Dubsdread.

I would love to hear thoughts about the holes on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment