Monday, August 3, 2009

Handicap Update

Just a quick update...I posted previously regarding the handicap experience. Well so far so good, and to be honest, I am a bit surprised how low it is. Toward the end of my high school career, I was in the mid single digits, but given how infrequently I play these days, I expected to be nowhere near that. Currently it is right around 13, about double what it was in high school, but all in all I'm fairly satisfied with that.

The process is nice through my work league, as they automatically enter in our tournament scores (an outing roughly every two weeks), and then we manually enter our own scores. I find this gives me a renewed focus when playing a casual round with a friend, as I don't want to get too carried away and inflate my index too much in a lazy Saturday afternoon round. I assume that the handicap entry process is similar to that of a country club or other private club, where you enter your scores in the computer and it does the magic and spits out the handicap at the end.

I am still curious to see how it will fluctuate over the remainder of the season, as I will hopefully get at least five or ten more rounds in and see where it ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment